HELPING A FRIEND
- If necessary, help your friend get medical attention. Encourage your friend to contact a professional or an adult they trust for help.
- Offer your unconditional friendship and support. Be clear that you are there to listen, and not to judge.
- Ask your friend how they feel, and let them know you’re concerned.
- Remind your friend that it’s not their fault.
- Don’t spread gossip. this could make your friend’s situation more dangerous.
- Don’t try to confront the abuser or rush your friend into a decision they aren’t comfortable with.
- Contact www.loveisrespect.org and at 1-866-331-9474 (1-866-331-8453 TTY).