MY FRIEND IS AN ABUSER
- If you feel safe doing so, ask your friend how they feel and let them know you’re concerned.
- Encourage your friend to talk to a counselor or an adult they trust for help.
- Don’t cut your friend off. Listen to them and help them clarify their feelings.
- Encourage them to be honest.
- Understand that abuse is a choice made by the abuser. Don’t get stuck in the middle.
- Don’t encourage, justify or joke about abuse.
- Contact www.loveisrespect.org and at 1-866-331-9474 (1-866-331-8453 TTY).